Today’s job of the day is from Mennel Milling Company
At The Mennel Milling Company, we are proud of our heritage and excited about our future. We have been in business for over 130 years because we do things the right way, with integrity. We measure our success by each of the custom products that we produce and through a keen understanding of our customer’s unique and individual needs. Anchored by our core values – quality, uniformity, and service – Mennel is committed to always bringing our best.
Mennel Milling Company is hiring a Local Bulk CDL A Truck Driver in Fostoria, OH and a Regional Dry Van CDL A Truck Driver in Northwest Ohio.
- $0.51 per mile trip rate (averages $2,300-$2,600 bi-weekly)
- Avg miles – 2,100/week
- Home Daily
- Saturday/Sunday rates
- Holiday rates
- Loading and unloading pay
- Layover pay
- Regional: Food allowance – $18/day
- Medical, dental, vision – after 90 days
- 401K and company match – after 6 months
- 11 paid holidays, Paid Time Off is offered
- Uniforms provided
- Cell phone reimbursement
- EZ Pass/tolls
ROUTE, HOME TIME & DUTIES:
- Local Drivers
- Shift varies depending on workload, typically 10-14 hours per day
- Home Daily
- 6 days worked per week
- Regional Drivers
- Shift varies depending on workload, typically 10-14 hours per day.
- 5 days worked per week
- Freight is customer driven based on appointment times – could leave out Sunday afternoons for Monday am delivery and return with a back haul for a reload in Fostoria
- Drivers can be home 1 or two nights per week
- Essential Duties
- Transport palletized flour in a safe and efficient manner
- Local: Loading and unloading pneumatic trailer is required
- Regional: No Touch Freight
- Conduct daily inspections of the vehicle up to and including observation and reporting equipment or mechanical failures.
- Comply with all DOT and in-house regulations and rules.
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with customers.
- Local: Day cabs with dry bulk pneumatic trailers (automatic)
- Regional: 2013 and newer regional sleeper truck (automatic), no slip seating, Macks & Volvos.
While performing the duties of these jobs, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast–paced environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, in precarious places; in the presence of airborne particles.
- Minimum age of 23 years old
- Class A driver’s license in good standing
- 1+ year experience as a driver of commercial motor vehicles
- No record of driver’s license suspension or revocation during the previous three year period