Information We Gather
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including our Site, when you call, email, or otherwise communicate with us. We also may obtain information about your business partners and other third parties and publicly available information.
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Your Personal Information, if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. You do not have to give us any Personal Information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of the Site.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Site.
- Your demographic information (such as zip or postal code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender and race or ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your resume or in the manner described above.
- Job search behavior and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on our Site. We do this in order to present you with job recommendations based on your interests as expressed previously through your searches.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Site, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our Site.
- Dates and times of visits to our Site.
- Information on actions taken on our Site (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Site.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Site.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register, manage and maintain your account on the Site.
- Provide products or services you request.
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our Site.
- Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Site.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities); enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- Manage your participation in our events and other promotions, where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Site and the jobs viewed or applied to on our Site.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Enforce our Site’s Terms of Service.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
- We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Site (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Site.
Information We Share
Additionally, we may combine certain non-personally identifiable Aggregate Data about our users and use such anonymous Aggregate Data to prepare reports for our users (typically employers or educators). “Aggregate Data” is the demographic information (such as zip code, age, gender, race or ethnicity) and employment information (such as occupation, education and experience) of many individuals that is combined together. Aggregate Data is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations and does not identify any specific individuals. For example, an employer may purchase a report from Drive My Way that states the number of accountants with at least five year’s experience that live within a certain geographic area. All such reports sold only contain Aggregate Data which cannot be used to identify any individuals.
We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
Drive My Way also may disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of Drive My Way or other users of the Site.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of Drive My Way.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” is also called a Web bug or a pixel tag or a clear GIF. Used in combination with cookies, a Web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a Web site or in an e-mail that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the Web site or sending the e-mail.
We use third-party advertising companies who may place or access cookies on your computer hard drive to distinguish your web browser uniquely and to keep track of information relating to serving ads on your web browser, such as the type of ads shown and the webs pages on which the ads appeared. These companies may use information about your visits to the Site and to other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you on our Site or on other, third party, sites. We also may give third party advertisers the ability to tailor their advertisements on our Site using demographic and preference information we provide to them in aggregate form. This information does not identify you individually.
These companies operate under their own privacy policies and Drive My Way encourages you to be aware of the privacy policies of such companies. Drive My Way does not have control over or access to any information contained in the cookies that are set on your computer by third party advertisers. In addition, some of the employers that use our Site may place cookies on your computer through their job postings and may use such cookies to distinguish your web browser uniquely. Often, employers use such information to track the effectiveness of their job postings by measuring how many users who view their postings later became job applicants.
How We Protect Personal Information
Drive My Way maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of the Site, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Site, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Site.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Drive My Way account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our Site. Please note that we will never ask for your Drive My Way account user name or password via email.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not use the Site. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.