The Drive My Way job of the day comes from J&L Building Materials.
A family-owned independent distributor, J&L Building Materials provides discerning building professionals with an unmatched level of service. In addition, they offer competitive pricing and exceptional materials since 1958.
Lou Moretzsohn and Jack Barnes, two roofing salesmen, founded J&L Building Materials in 1958. Over half a century later, the company is one of the largest and most respected distributors in the region. In addition, with seven branches throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania and Delaware, J&L serves you. Today, Lou’s son, Dave Moretzsohn runs J&L Building Materials in the family tradition of quality products and outstanding service.
J&L has openings right now for CDL A or B Local Straight Truck Boom Operator Frazer, PA.
We are seeking a CDL Class A or B Driver to join our team! You will be delivering building material to job sites throughout the Chester County, Lancaster, and Delaware areas and beyond. Rear mounted forklift experience is a plus, but we will provide training for the right candidate. Previous boom experience also a plus and if you don’t have it, we will provide as you will need to get certified. Safety is the number one priority at J&L, and we are looking for qualified drivers with clean driving records.
The ideal candidate will have 2 to 3 years’ experience driving a large commercial vehicle and excellent customer service skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly pay range is $25.65per/hour to a maximum of $28.00 per/hour depending on experience
- Averaging 50 hours a week
- Time and a half overtime pay after 40 hours
- Weekly direct deposit
- Paid time off and year-end bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus – $500 after 6 months of employment
- Medical, dental, and life insurance after 90 days
- Generous 401(k) plan after 6 months
Home Time, Route, & Schedule:
- Home Daily
- Hours: 6:30am – 4:30pm Monday- Friday
- Occasional 7:30am – noon shift on Saturdays depending on how busy
- Level of Touch: Load and Unload
- Assigned Truck
- Automatic and Manuals available
- Newer Peterbilt and Freightliner
- 23ft straight with piggyback
- Safely operate a heavy truck
- Previous boom experience is a plus (will train if needed)
- Must get articulating crane certified which we will provide
- Properly process paperwork
- Report any issues or incidents to dispatch
- Inspect truck before and after trip
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have CDL A or B license
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in truck driving or other related fields
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong work ethic
- Hiring Radius: Drivers must live within 25 miles of Frazer, PA or be willing to relocate for this position
Interested in applying?
Learn more about the job requirements, benefits, pay, and more.