Today’s job of the day comes from Sunrise Windows and Doors
Founded in 1994, by industry veterans Gary Delman, Larry VanDeVelde, and Elliott Delman, Sunrise Windows and Doors has developed a reputation for design, innovation, craftsmanship, and service. It’s because they listen to customers to continually refine their products and develop new ones. This drive to improve has allowed Sunrise to grow to cover 37 states and parts of Canada.
Currently, Sunrise Windows and Doors is hiring a CDL A Regional Delivery Driver in Temperance, MI. This position is responsible for delivering windows to customer locations and presenting a positive image of the company to all customers, both internal and external. Truck Drivers will safely drive the trucks to each destination as determined by the Traffic Supervisor or the Driver Manifest, unload the windows into the specified locations, and help with answering any questions that the customers may have. Drivers are expected to make independent decisions within specific parameters while receiving some to moderate oversight from the Fleet Supervisor.
- Type: Company Driver
- Type of Run: Regional but runs approximately 1000 – 1500, 1800 miles at most from terminal
- Haul Type: Dry Van, Hauling construction materials and windows
- Pay: $22 to $25/hour and OT after 40 hours. Yearly average is $60,000 to $90,000/year depending on your route and miles
- Overnights in hotels paid by us with meals included.
- Bonuses: $5000 Sign-on Bonus paid out in 30 and 90 days
- Employment Type: Full-time, W2
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and more
- Automatic trucks: Penske full service leases. Pre pass enabled in truck and tolls paid
- We provide and pay for a cell phone or reimbursed if you provide your own
- License: CDL A
- Minimum Age: 22
- Minimum Experience: 2 years
- Endorsements Required: None
- Must be able to lift and move windows weighing up to 75 lb. unassisted repeatedly when unloading, and sometimes up to 125 lb. with some assistance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely drive a commercial truck/trailer or straight truck to multiple customer locations to make deliveries
- Unload windows by hand (not forklift) that are loaded in the truck and place them in customer warehouses/storage areas
- Comply with all FMCSA rules and regulations
- Make every effort to maintain the established delivery schedule for a route
- Ensure effective & positive communications with both internal and external customers
- Maintain accurate expense reports and records and handle company funds appropriately and wisely
- Keep equipment clean and in safe & working order
- Comply with Truck Driver Expectations as outlined by Sunrise
- Attend quarterly driver meetings
- Other duties may be assigned
Education & Experience Requirements & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED Certification required
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver License (CDL)- Class A required
- Minimum 2 years experience driving with no violations during that year and must have handled freight or 3 years experience driving tractor/trailer combination with no freight handling, 5 yrs preferred
- Clean driving record required (4 points or less & zero “Serious Violations” as defined by the DOT) & must be insurable by the company insurance carrier
- Must pass DOT physical & drug and/or breath alcohol tests as required
- Demonstrated ability to safely drive in adverse weather conditions.
This position will be employed through All Pro Freight Services as part of the dedicated fleet team that services Sunrise Windows.
Interested in applying?
Learn more about the job requirements, benefits, pay and more.