Today’s Job of the Day comes from Republic Services
Republic Services,an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste is now hiring a Class A or B Company Driver to join our team in our Erie, MI location servicing Toledo, OH and the surrounding areas.
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic Services a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. In addition, we strive to create a workplace that’s meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That’s why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
A Driver- CDL (A) or (B) is responsible for safely operating a collection truck, and providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers. In addition, the driver is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company’s safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports (“VCRs”) on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner.
- Home Daily
- Minimal Saturday work
- Dispatch between 5 a.m. – 6 a.m.
- Incentive-based pay with $17.00/hour paid training
- Average 50 hours/week.
- Starting pay based on individual productivity with an opportunity to earn up to $20.00 per hour.
- Monday through Friday
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with company match
- Employee stock purchase program after 3 months
- Prescription coverage
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Safety & referral bonus programs
- Paid Vacation/Holiday Package
- 2 years experience of driving commercial trucks.
- CDL A or B License with air brakes endorsement.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- No more than 1 DUI / OWI within the last 5 years. All accidents and moving violations will be reviewed.
- Must be able to pass DOT pre-employment drug screen, DOT physical, and road test.
- Must be able to manually pick up refuse bins weighing up to sixty (60) pounds.
- Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
Join the Republic Services Team
Republic Services is hiring CDL A or B Local Residential Drivers in Erie, MI. Drivers are home daily, off most weekends, and have great benefits. Start your next CDL job with Republic Services!