- 5+ year application development experience
- Knowledge across the stack
- Experience delivering REST API applications
- Strong understanding of server-side development languages (Node.js, C#) and API architectures and API tooling
- Dedicated to writing great code and using solid SDLC practices
We are currently looking for an experienced application developer with a broad technical background, a bias for action, and the experience to know how to build enterprise quality solutions that scale. Because we are a small team, you’ll be working across the technology stack (front end, core and data) with a primary focus on middle tier Web service development. We expect our technology stack to evolve and expand over the next 24 months and you’ll have an opportunity to play an important role helping plan and execute our technology road map.
- Author, refactor server (Node.js) and client-side code (React).
- Developing REST APIs to support our core application.
- Creating API documentation using contemporary mocking tools.
- Writing tests – unit, integration, end-end automated tests and self-tests.
- Participating in code reviews.
- Participating in Scrum rituals (stand-ups, demos, retrospectives and planning meetings).
- Authoring and contributing to technical documents.
- Participating in release packaging and deployments.
- Leveraging your experience and creativity to advance our product and technology road map.
- Minimum of 5 years significant, hands-on experience developing Web applications and authoring server-side code (ideally Node.js and/or C#).
- Experience building REST API-driven applications and designing Web services.
- Strong understanding of contemporary data architectures & data-driven applications (SQL, MySQL).
- Experience implementing test frameworks and writing unit, integration and other tests.
- Some experience with contemporary front-end languages including React, Typescript, Angular and jQuery.
- Some PHP development experience, ideally with the Laravel framework.
- Ability to write effectively designed, organized and well-documented code.
- Detail and quality oriented.
- Understands the long-term value of writing good code, refactoring often and designing for scale.
- Experience with source code management tools (GitHub) and concepts (branching, tagging).
- Has been part of a Scrum development team, with a strong preference for this methodology.
- Works well within the development team and across departments.
- Understands the importance of building code that is optimized for the field (sales & operations).
- Has a do-what-it-takes attitude, dedicated to delivering products that delight our clients.
This is a hands-on position that requires creative and highly productive individuals. A good-fit candidate will enjoy both ideating design and executing development, have a desire to work across the stack (front end, core, data) and be detail-oriented and conscientious about the quality of code they deliver. They should possess the verbal and written communication skills to work effectively within the product development team as well as with other business units. The ideal candidate will have some understanding of talent/recruiting, HR technology and/or the transportation industry, but it is not required.
Our Company and Team
At Drive My Way, we believe you can live the life you want, while doing a job you love and we are making it happen! We are a Cleveland-based SaaS technology company that is disrupting recruiting in the transportation industry with a consumer-centric approach. Our next-generation recruiting marketplace is powered by a platform that matches commercial driver’s licensed (CDL) truck drivers and owner operators with jobs based on their qualifications and personal lifestyle preferences. We are making hiring personal again and helping employers recruit for retention.
No relocation benefits offered or sponsorship available.
Drive My Way offers a competitive salary and benefits including health and dental insurance, and paid time-off. Compensation is based on the individual’s professional skills and experience.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com including the job title in the subject.
Drive My Way, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact us at 800-411-5840.