When you make your living behind the wheel, stress often is difficult to avoid. Traffic jams, crazy drivers and long stretches on the road all have a tendency to add to a day’s aggravations. Fortunately, you can better control your stress levels simply by eating (or avoiding) certain foods.
So the next time you’re in a jam (the traffic kind or otherwise), reach for these five snacks and feel your stress ease:
1. Nuts – In particular almonds, walnuts, and pistachios contain valuable stress busting nutrients like vitamins E, B, magnesium, essential fatty acids and fiber.
2. Avocado – Vitamin B5, B6, folate, vitamin E, fiber and copper.
3. Dark green veggies – Broccoli, Kale, Spinach, Asparagus, Chard, Collards – rich in B vitamins, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin K.
4. Dark chocolate – Contains magnesium and supports healthy mood, cognition, and may benefit anxiety.
5. Oatmeal – Can help boost serotonin levels, providing whole grain carbohydrate, magnesium, fiber, chromium, and B vitamins.
Honorable mention: Blueberries – contain antioxidant vitamins and phytonutrients.
The Ultimate Guide for Truck Drivers to Maintain 3 Healthy Habits Over the Road
Download the complete guide for tips to easily maintain healthy habits over the road.